A new blank cartomizer will need to be primed before using it. Filing to do so will cause the cotton filler inside to burnt and ruin the cartomizer.
To prime the cartomizer:
- Remove the silicone caps off both ends of the cartomizer, you can dispose of these as they are not needed for use, but some people keep them for storing filled cartomizer when switching out cartomizers
- Pry the white rubber cap off the mouth end of the cartomizer, this can be done either around the edge or by sticking an unbent paperclip in the center hole and pulling the cap off. Just be careful not to push the paperclip in too far as you may damage the wire inside.
- Place the threaded end of the cartomizer into a paper towel.
- Slowly drip drops of eliquid from the bottle into the top of the cartomizer, making sure to get the eliquid on the cotton filler and not down the center air hole. Only add one or two drops at a time and allow it to soak in, then drip one or two more in.
- Continue to drip eliquid into the cartomizer until you have added around 25-30 drops of eliquid (around 35 drop if using the needle tip bottle cap)
- Some eliquid may come out the bottom near the end, this is ok.
- Now allow the cartomizer to sit on a paper towel standing up on the threaded end for about 10 minutes.
- After it has sat for 10 minutes, pick it up and wrap the threaded end of the cartomizer with a paper towel.
- Place the white rubber top cap back on.
- Place your lips around the top of the cartomizer and blow into the cartomizer. This will clear out the center air shaft of any eliquid that may have gotten in there, and make sure there is no air pockets in the cotton filler that did not get filled with eliquid.
- Wipe the threads clean and dry.
- Screw the cartomizer on your battery