Getting to know your new Nitcore D2 Battery Charger:
The Nitecore Sysmax D2 is a two-bay charger capable of charging two batteries simultaneously. This device automatically detects battery power status and selects the appropriate voltage and charging mode. The Sysmax D2 has an automatic shut-off function that cuts off power when charging is complete to avoid over-charging. The D2 is equipped with a crisp LCD display giving you a clear picture of relevant charging information. The LCD display shows the charging progress, battery type, voltage, charging current, and charging time in an intuitive and simple interface.
Features and Specifications:
- Charge two batteries simultaneously
- Each battery slot monitors and charges independently
- Compatible with Li-ion (26650, 22650, 18650, 17670, 18490, 17500, 18350, 16340(RCR123), 14500, 10440), Ni-MH and Ni-Cd (AA, AAA, AAAA) rechargeable batteries
- Optimized for IMR batteries
- Informative LCD display panel
- Intelligent circuitry automatically detects appropriate charge mode and status (CC, CV, dV/dt)
- Over-charge prevention to protect batteries
- Temperature monitoring preventing overheating
- Made from fire retardant / flame resistant ABS material
- Reverse polarity protection
- Certified by RoHS, CE, FCC and CEC
- Input: AC 100-240V 50/60Hz 0.35A(MAX), DC 12V 1A
- Output voltage: 4.2V ±1% / 3.7V ±1% / 1.48V ±1%
- Output current: 375mA x 4 / 750mA x 2
Using your Nitcore D2 Battery Charger:
- Start by plugging the power cord into the D2 charger, plug the other end of the cord into an applicable outlet. The LCD display and all battery indicator bars will illuminate as the charger runs a quick self-test. When testing is complete, the name of the product will appear on the screen, the bars will dim and the charger will enter into stand-by mode. If no batteries are detected within 1 minute, the charger will automatically enter Eco Mode (the LCD backlight will turn off). When a battery is installed while in Eco Mode, simply press any button to activate the LCD display.
- The D2 features two charging slots, each of which charges and monitors a battery independently. Rechargeable batteries of differing chemistries and voltages may be charged simultaneously using either 1 or 2 of the charging slots. When inserting a battery, ensure the positive and negative ends correspond with the positive (+) and negative (-) symbols on the charger. Incorrect installation will result in failure to initiate the charging process. Note: The D2 is capable of charging 3.7v Li-ion rechargeable cells, 1.2v, Ni-MH/Ni-Cd rechargeable batteries and 3.2v LiFePO4 batteries. See above for description of battery sizes.
- When a battery is first inserted the D2 will run a short test causing the battery indicators bars to illuminate in sequence from the bottom to the top. When the test is complete, the D2 will enter into charging mode. If any unusual circumstances have been detected, e.g. a backward battery installation, the battery indicator bars will blink rapidly and “Err” will be presented on the screen to urge an immediate removal of the battery.
- While in charging mode, the battery indicator bars will blink rhythmically to indicate the on-going charging process. The battery’s power status and charging progress is indicated by the number of bars that illuminate steadily. The LCD display will also display battery voltage, followed by charging current and elapsed charging time in sequence. Pressing the side “MODE” button will cycle through these charging parameters. To view the charging progress of a different charging slot press the side “SLOT” button to select a desired slot. When charging is complete, all five battery indicator bars will illuminate steadily and “Chg.Finish” will appear on the LCD display. Note: When one or two batteries are charged in D2, each charging slot will receive a maximum output current of 0.5A.
Nocturnal Charging Mode
When charging a battery overnight, nocturnal charging mode is recommended. Simply press and hold the side “SLOT” button for more than 1 second in any state until the LCD backlight turns off thus activating nocturnal charging mode. This feature ensures a peaceful night’s sleep without being disturbed by the D2’s LCD backlight and blinking LEDs. To exit nocturnal mode and turn the backlight on again, press and hold the side “SLOT” button for more than 1 second again.
For every installed battery, the D2 will activate the battery by charging it for 6 seconds at a low current. If zero voltage is detected, “Err” will be displayed on the LCD screen. If activation fails the first time, please remove and reinstall the battery once again and activate for the second time. Note: The D2 is not recommended for use with over-discharged (zero volt) UNPROTECTED Li-ion batteries. Li-ion batteries without a protection circuit can potentially cause a fire or explosion.
The D2 is equipped with an advanced ‘overtime’ safety function. The D2 will individually monitor the elapsed charging time for each battery slot and if a particular slot exceeds 20 hours, the D2 will automatically power off the slot and display full charging bars to indicate completion of the charging process. This feature reduces the risk caused by batteries of lesser quality.
- The D2 is compatible with batteries of varying sizes, therefore when charging certain batteries (such as 26650 and AAA), manual adjustment of the battery’s position within the slot is recommended, as to ensure solid contact is made between both sides of the battery and the charging slot’s metal contact points.
- The D2 is restricted to charging Li-ion, IMR, LiFePO4, Ni-MH/Ni-Cd rechargeable batteries only. Never use the D2 with other types of batteries as this could result in battery explosion, cracking or leaking, causing property damage and/or personal injury.
- The D2 should only be used indoors or inside a motor vehicle and under no circumstances should it be exposed to water, high humidity and low or high ambient temperatures.
- Do not disassemble or modify the charger.
- Children under the age of 18 should be supervised by an adult when using the D2.
- The D2’s safe operating temperature is between 0ºC--40ºC。 7. Do not use or store the charger near open flames, direct sunlight, heating devices or other high-temperature environments.
For more information, downloadable instructions, and details on using other size and chemistry batteries, please visit this link.