Building with the Lush RDA.
Things you will need:
- Lush RDA
- Your mod/device
- Organic Japanese Cotton
- Multimeter/ ohm reader
- Phillips Screwdriver / Allen Wrench Multi Tool
- Coil jig or screw driver
- Wire cutters
- paper towel
When planning the build of your coil make sure to follow Ohms Law and understand the limitation of your battery. Never use a coil/ power setting that draws more amps than what your battery can deliver. Doing so can be very dangerous. Please be sure to read and understand this article before you build any coil.
- Remove the Lush RDA from your device.
- Remove the drip tip.
- Remove the top cap/ Chuff cap.
- Remove the sleeve.
- Screw the build deck onto your ohm reader. This will make build easier as the build deck will not more around on you.
- Loosen the 3 set screws in the post of the build deck.
- Wrap your coil using the coil jig or by simply wrapping the wire around a mini screw driver.
The diameter of the coil, the gauge of the wire, spacing between wraps, number of wraps, number of coils in the build, and type of coil will determine the final ohm outcome.
There are many types of coils from stands coils, mini coils, micro coils, vertical and horizontal variance, Clapton coils, and many more. Each one has its pros and cons and what one person likes another may not. Building coils can be an art form and many types of coils are for advanced builders. There is a learning curve when it comes to building. If you are new to building coils and RDAs in general, expect some trial and error. You most likely will not get it right on the first try.
There are many apps you can download that will help you determine the length of wire and how many wraps to achieve a coil coil at a certain ohm with a certain gauge wire.
Note: If you are building a dual coil setup each coil will be double what the final ohm will be. So a 0.5 dual coil build will have 2 coils that each individually will read 1.0 ohm.
These instructions will continue on as if you you have already wrapped your coil(s) the way you would like them. If you need help wrapping a simple coil please refer to the video at the bottom of this article.
- insert one tail of the coil into the center (positive) post. Insert the other tail into one of the outside posts.
- Tighten down the set screw on the outside post, not all the way, just enough to hold the wire.
- If building a dual coil setup, trim the positive tail of the installed coil.
Trim the tail on the second coil that will be inserted into the positive post.
Insert the second coil, inserting the cut tail into the center post and the other tail into the other outside post.
Tighten down the set screw on the outside post, not all the way, just enough to hold the wire.
- Tighten down the center set screw. Screw it down tight, but not too tight. Over tightening the screw can strip the screw and break the wire.
- Using your coil jig rod or a mini screw driver, adjust the coil(s) so that they are centered, even, and not touching the build deck or any of the posts.
- Tighten down the outer posts set screws.
Over tightening the screw can strip the screw and break the wire.
- Trim the tails of the coil(s) sticking out the back side of the posts.
- Turn on the ohm reader and check the final ohms of your build. If they ohms are where you wanted them, continue on to the next step.
- Remove the build deck from the ohm reader and screw it onto your device and turn the device on.
- Fire the device, the coil(s) should glow orange (WARNING: THEY WILL BE VERY HOT USE CAUTION AND DO NOT TOUCH).
- If the coils glow evenly and fully continue on to the next step, if not you may need to make some slight adjustments.
- Remove the build deck from your device and attach it back onto the ohm reader.
- Cut your wicking material to the desired size. The cotton should be slightly wider than the coil and about 1.5 to 2 inches long. If using cotton sheets make sure you are cutting with the fibers, cutting across the fibers will make the wick fall apart.
- Twist one end of the wicking material to a point so it will slide into the center of the coil.
- Slide the pointed end of the wick into the coil till the end comes out the other side of the coil.
- Grab the pointed end of the coil and pull the wick through the coil till the coil is sitting in the middle of the wicking material. It should not be hard to pull the wick through the coil. if you are experiencing a lot of resistance pulling the wick through you may have cut your wick too thick for the coil. you may want to pull it back out and trim the width down a little and try again.
- Trim the length of the wick to the desired length.
- Trim the length of the wick to the desired length.
- Fluff up the ends where you cut them.
- Using your mini screw driver, gently push the ends of the wicking material into the e-liquid wells in the build deck. Adjust the wicking material accordingly so it looks even on both side of the coil.
- Repeat steps 20 - 26 for the second coil, if running a dual coil setup.
- Apply e-liquid to the coil(s) and wicking material till all the wicking material is saturated with e-liquid.
- Attach the build deck to your device and press the fire button. Check and make sure both coils are firing and vapor is coming off the coil(s).
If all looks good add a few more drops of e-liquid to the wicking material to make sure it is fully saturated.
- Attack the sleeve to the build deck. making sure the air flow hole in the sleeve are directly lined up with the coils.
- Attach the top cap and adjust the air flow by holding the sleeve so it does not move and turning the top cap.
- Attach the drip tip.
You are now ready to continue to enjoy your Lush RDA.