Kanger has always been relentless in their pursuit of quality and advancement when it comes to their vaping devices. It seemed that the Kbox family of devices could not get any better than they already were, but Kanger has truly stepped up their game with the Kbox Mini Platinum—a device that is as powerful as it is aesthetically pleasing.
The Kbox Mini Platinum has been built from top quality 304-stainless steel, making for a durable yet lightweight device that has a solid feel in the palm. Ergonomically designed, the Kbox Mini Platinum’s shape has been engineered to fit comfortably in the user’s hand. Its rounded edges and smooth finish make for a vape experience that can be enjoyed all day without a reduction in comfort. The Kbox Mini Platinum features an improved magnetic battery door that makes switching out batteries effortless and quite convenient.
More powerful than its precursors, the Kbox Mini Platinum has a wattage output of 7 watts to an incredible 60 watts, in 0.1 watt increments. This type of power comes in handy for different atomizer resistance ratings but even more so for the added feature that is a first for the Kbox line. Kanger improved upon their dual-line OLED screen. It is much brighter than their first version and still displays important information on the device’s settings like current battery life, voltage / wattage and the resistance of the atomizer being used.
The Kbox Mini Platinum is temperature control capable. Unlike the older models of the Kbox, the Mini Platinum is able to use temperature control coils like Ni200 Pure Nickel and Titanium. With Ni200 or Titanium coils, the Kbox Mini Platinum’s innovative chip can sense and limit the temperature of the coil for a vape that can forever be free of dry hits and burnt flavor.
Backed by a powerful chip, the Kbox Mini Platinum can be used with a wide variety of tanks and RBAs, sub ohm or standard—this box can handle it all. The Kbox Platinum is powered by a single 18650 battery, which is accessible via the magnetic door of the device. This is always a handy feature as it allows the user to switch out batteries when power is low. If an extra battery is not available, the Kbox Platinum can also be charged with the included USB charger and is also pass-through capable for those who don’t have time to wait for a full-charge.
Every aspect of the Kbox Mini Platinum is a truly extraordinary box mod; it radiates style, elegance and power with its polished stainless steel finish and powerful temperature control capable chip. Any vaper whether they be a beginner or more experienced would truly enjoy using this exceptional box mod.
*Please Note: 18650 Battery is not included with this device. Purchase batteries here.
Kbox Mini Platinum Box Mod Features:
- Stainless Steel Durable Construction
- Temperature Control Capable
- Variable Wattage / Voltage
- Uses Replaceable 18650 Battery (not included)
- RBA Deck Equipped
- Resistance Range to 0.1 Ohm
- Short Circuit Protection
- 10 Second Cut-off Protection
- Overheat Protection
Kbox Mini Platinum Box Mod Specs:
- Connection: 510 Spring-loaded Pin
- Threading: 510
- Material: High Polished 304 Stainless Steel
- Wattage Output: 7 Watts – 60 Watts (0.1 increments)
- Voltage Output: 9 Volts Max
- Minimum Atomizer Resistance: 0.3 Ohms
- Temperature Capability: 200°F to 600°F (100°C to 300°C)
- Battery: Replaceable 18650 (not included)
- Available Colors: Platinum SS
- Dimensions: 89mm x 40mm x 20mm
Kbox Mini Platinum Box Mod Includes:
- (1) Kanger Kbox Mini Platinum Box Mod
- (1) USB Charging Cable
- (1) User Manual
- Micro USB Charge Port
- Up and Down Adjustment Buttons
- OLED Screen
- 510 Threaded Connection
- Battery Bay Cover (attached with magnets)
- Fire Button
To install a battery into your new Kangertech Kbox:
- Grip the body of the device in one hand and the Battery Bay cover with the other.
- The Battery Bay cover is held on with 4 strong magnets so you just need to pull firmly on the battery bay cover and it will pop right off.
- Insert your Lavacell battery into the battery bay following the + and - markings on the inside of the battery bay. The Negative post is spring loaded.
- Place the Battery Bay cover back on the battery. The magnets will snap the cover back into place.
- Make sure the cover is on firmly.
- You are now ready to use your device.
Once your battery is installed following the above directions, you may need to turn your device on. To turn your device on please press the Fire Button 5 times fast. Once the device is turned on your will be greeted by the Kangertech welcome screen then your device will turn on and ready to use.
Charging your Kbox
- remove battery from device
- Follow charging instructions for the Nitcore Charger.
- When the battery level display indicates that the battery needs charging, plug one end of the supplied USB charging cable into your device.
- Plug the other end of the charging cable into a USB power source (a computer usb port or usb wall plug).
- Leave the device plugged in until the battery indicator displays fully charged.
- Once the battery is fully charged unplug the USB cable form the device. (Never leave a battery charging unattended)
While charging your device with the USB cable you can still use your Kbox.
Changing Power Modes
The Kbox Mini can be changed from Wattage Mode, to Nickel Mode, to Titanium Mode.
To change between modes:
- With the device turned on.
- Press the Fire button 3 times fast.
- This will change the mode from the current mode tot he next.
- Press the Fire button 3 times again and it will cycle to the next mode.
- Pressing the Fire button 3 times fast again will bring you back the the first mode you were on.
Adjusting the wattage/temperature
Adjusting the wattage/temerature on your Kangertech Kbox is easy.
Simply press the up or down button on the device to adjust the wattage/temperature to the desired setting. Make sure the wattage/temperature and ohms of your setup does not exceed the Amp limit of your battery, you can do this by using ohms law. For more info please refer to this ARTICLE.
Firing the Kangertech Kbox
To fire your Kbox, press and hold the fire button. Inhale on your atomizer. The Kbox has a 10 second cut off, once you reach the 10 seconds of holding down the fire button, the Kbox will stop supplying power to the atomizer and display "10 sec over". If you reach this cutoff, release the fire button and wait a few moments for the message to clear the screen and then your device will be ready to use again.
Left or right handed display
To switch between left and right handed display settings;
- With the device on:
- Press and hold the + and - buttons together for 3 seconds.
- The screen will flip to the opposite orientation.
- Repeat again to flip it back.