The all-in-one Nebox Box Mod is Kangertech’s first step into the world of temperature-controlled vaping, and it was certainly worth the wait. With an integrated tank system that is coupled with an innovative temp control system and a 10ml e-liquid capacity, this mod is surely perfect for any vaper whether they are new or have more advanced tastes.
The Nebox is built from high-grade aluminum alloy, making the device lightweight and durable. An aesthetically appealing device, the Nebox has an aqueous ceramic coating for added durability and an eye-catching finish. Designed with ease of use in mind, the contours of the Nebox are ergonomically shaped to fit perfectly in the user’s hand for a comfortable all day use.
Turning your attention to the front of the device, the Nebox is built with a round and recessed fire button and located below is a large OLED screen and two smaller adjustment buttons. The bright OLED screen of the Nebox displays a host of valuable information on the device’s settings. It provides the user current wattage settings, voltage, resistance of the atomizer being used, battery life and the length of each puff the user takes.
Like the precursor devices from Kanger, the Nebox is also a variable wattage and voltage box mod. The Nebox has a wattage output of 7 watts to 60 watts, adjustable in 0.1 watt increments. Due to this versatility in power settings, the Nebox can be used with nearly any atomizer coil resistance.
The Nebox also has the added innovation of temperature control and limiting, which is a first for Kangertech. When the device is used with Ni-200 pure nickel or titanium coils the Nebox will automatically switch to Temperature Control Mode and can be adjusted between the temperature settings of 200°F – 600°F (100°C – 300°C). A perfect addition as it gives the user even more control over their vaping experience, enabling them to dial in on that cool or warmer vape based on their tastes.
Kanger’s Nebox is versatile in the amount of different atomizer coils that can be used with its system. Built specifically for the Nebox are vertical stainless steel atomizer coils (SSOCC), built from stainless steel and organic Japanese cotton for thick vapor production and pure flavor creation with every pull. The SSOCC coils are available in 0.3 ohm and 0.5 ohm ratings. For those who want to take advantage of the temperature control capabilities of the Nebox, an SSOCC 0.15 ohm Ni-200 pure nickel coil is also available.
What makes the Nebox a truly brilliant device is its integrated tank system. Instead of needing a separate RBA or tank atomizer that needs to be attached to the mod, the Nebox’s tank is built into the body of the device. The tank holds an astonishing 10ml of e-liquid that ensures a full day of vaping without having to continuously refill and making for a truly user-friendly and convenient device.
The Nebox’s tank is also a hybrid tank. This feature allows the user to switch between a pre-built atomizer coil or the included RBA deck, which the user can rebuild based on their own preferences. This tank feature is truly perfect for beginners who prefer a pre-built coil or a more advanced user who likes to build their own atomizer coils.
Kanger’s Nebox utilizes a single replaceable 18650 battery (not included), which allows the user to easily switch out batteries when needed. But when an extra battery is not available, the Nebox can be charged with the included USB charging cable and is also pass-through capable for those who don’t want to wait for the device to fully charge before they can begin vaping again.
Beautifully designed, technologically advanced and equipped with many different features, Kanger’s Nebox Box Mod was truly built to provide a convenient and satisfying vape experience. Perfectly suited for any vaper whether they are a beginner or have more advanced tastes.
*Please Note: 18650 Battery is not included with this device. Purchase batteries here.
Nebox Box Mod Features:
- Lightweight & Durable Aluminum Frame
- Temperature Control
- Variable Wattage
- Replaceable 18650 Battery (not included)
- Internal Clearomizer
- 10ml E-liquid Capacity
- Replaceable Delrin Drip Tip
- RBA Deck Equipped
Nebox Box Mod Specs:
- Material: Aluminum Alloy
- Wattage Output: 7 Watts – 60 Watts (0.1 increments)
- Voltage Output: 9 Volts Max
- Temperature Capability: 200° F to 600°F (100°C to 300°C)
- Battery: Replaceable 18650 (not included)
- E-liquid Capacity: 10ml (internal tank)
- Available Colors: Black, White & Red
- Dimensions: 58mm x 22.8mm x 86mm
Nebox Box Mod Includes:
- (1) Kangertech Nebox Box Mod
- (1) Nebox SSOCC Coil (0.15 Ohms)
- (1) Nebox SSOCC Coil (0.5 Ohms)
- (1) Nebox RBA Mini Plus Base
- (2) Nebox Pre-built RBA Coils
- (1) Nebox RBA Desk Accessory
- (1) Square of Organic Japanese Cotton
- (1) RBA Toolkit (Mini Screwdriver & Screws)
- (1) Micro USB Charging Cable
- (1) Nebox User Guide
- (1) User Manual
- Battery vent hole
- Micro USB charge port
- Up and Down buttons
- OLED screen
- Fire button
- Mouth piece
- 18650 Battery cover
- Juice well cover/ Heating element
Installing a battery
To install a battery into the Kanger Nebox:
- Using a coin, insert the coin into the slot on the battery bay cover. Unscrew the cover by turning it counter clockwise.
- Slide the battery into the battery bay with the positive end in first.
- Place the battery bay cover back on the device
- Tighten the cover back on using a coin.
When screwing the cover back on you will have to fight the resistance of the spring loaded negative post in the cover.
Charging the battery
Since the battery is not the most convenient or fast to change out, it is best to just leave the battery in the device and charge it via the USB charging cable. You can still use the device while it is charging.
Installing a heating coil
To install or change out the heating element in the Nebox:
- If there is e-liquid in the tank make sure to keep the device upright
- Turn the Juice well cover counter clockwise (if you are having trouble turning the cover you may need to use a coin and insert it into the airflow slit in the cover)
- If replacing- unscrew old coil.
- Screw the new coil into the base.
- Prime the new coil by adding a few drops of e-liquid to the filler.
- Fill the tank (see below)
- Screw the cover back onto the tank.
When installing a new coil the device will ask you if it is a new coil or not. Press up if it is a new coil or down if it is the same coil.
Filling the tank
To fill the tank:
- If there is e-liquid in the tank make sure the device stays upright.
- Remove the juice well cover.
- Fill the tank with your e-liquid by dripping down the side of the tank, making sure not to get any into the center air shaft.
- Fill the tank to the cross bar in the tank.
- Screw the juice well cover with the heating coil back onto the device, making sure it is tight, but do not over tighten it as it may become difficult to remove later.
Turning the Device On/Off
To turn the device on:
- Press the fire button 5 times fast.
- Repeat the process to turn the device off.
There are 6 programmable profiles. The first 4 profiles are temp control profiles and the last 2 are non temp control.
To setup the profiles:
- Turn the device off.
- Press and hold the up and down buttons together for 3 seconds.
- Once here you can adjust the settings for each profile. Whichever setting that is blinking at the time is the setting you are currently selected on and will be adjusting. To adjust use the up and down buttons. To set in the setting or move to the next setting or profile, press the fire button.
To select a profile:
- Turn the device on.
- Press and hold the up and down buttons together for 3 seconds.
- Use the up and down buttons to scroll through the profiles and press the fire button to select the profile you would like.
Left or right handed display
To switch between left and right handed display settings;
- With the device off:
- Press and hold the + and - buttons together for 3 seconds.
- you will now be in the profile settings section. press the fire button to scroll through the profiles. After the 6th profile you will see 2 sets of the letters "ABC" one will be upside down. Using the up down buttons, place the check make next to the orientation you would like.
- Press the fire button to exit the profile menu.
To change the wattage and temp:
- When the Temp is the large number on the screen you will be adjusting the Temp if the wattage is the large number set then you will be adjusting the wattage.
- To switch which value you are changing press the up and down together at the same time for a split second.
- Use the up and down button to adjust the value of the setting you have selected.
Selecting wire type
You can select the type of wire you are using.
To select wire type:
- press the fire button 3 times in a row.
- the screen will now display a list of different coil types. Use the up and down buttons to scroll through the list till you find the wire type you are using.
- Press the fire button once to select the wire type.
Locking the adjustment buttons
To lock the adjustment buttons so you don't accidentally change your settings:
- With the device on
- Press and hold all 3 buttons at the same time for 3 seconds.
- The screen will flash 3 times to let you know it is not locked.
- To unlock press and hold all 3 buttons again for 3 seconds.
Building with the RBA coil head
Since this is the same RBA head as what is found in the Subtank please refer to the rebuilding articles for the Kanger Subtank Mini Plus RBA.