A much-welcomed upgrade from Kangertech’s already impressive device line comes the Kanger KBOX 120W Box Mod. Known as the most compact vaping device currently available on the market that can churn out up to 120 watts of vaping power from builds as low as 0.05 ohms. It is surely a box mod that will impress even the most experienced vaper. Built from solid and strong zinc alloy, the device itself is lightweight, durable and long lasting. The perfect size to fit comfortably in any hand, its ergonomic shape makes for even usage that lasts all-day, comfortable and pleasant.
The KBOX 120W, like its predecessors has been designed with a magnetic battery door for effortless battery replacement. This door houses dual 18650 batteries (not included) for easy replacement when a freshly charged pair is needed. If a spare set of batteries aren’t available, the device supports USB charging with the included USB charging cable and even supports pass-through vaping for those who don’t want to wait before they can use their device again.
The KBOX 120W is a variable wattage device that can be adjusted from 7 watts all the way up to an astounding 120 watts of power in 0.1 watt increments. This flexibility in power lets the user utilize a wide variety of atomizers from sub ohm tanks to rebuildable atomizers with varying resistances. The device sports a bright white OLED screen that displays the device’s settings, which include voltage, wattage, battery life and the current resistance of the RDA or tank that is being used.
The KBOX 120W is backed by Kangertech’s latest onboard chipset that is built with an atomizer sensor tech at an incredible rate of 1000 times per second, which improves the temperature regulation accuracy and enhances the consistency of every puff from the device. This high-tech regulating board allows for temperature control with coil builds made from Pure Nickel (Ni200), Titanium (Ti), Stainless Steel (SS) and even Nichrome (NiCr) wires.
A beautifully designed box, backed with an incredible chipset combined with a temperature control versatility unmatched by any device currently on the market, the Kanger KBOX 120W TC box mod is a device that is sure to impress any vaper beginners and experts alike.
Kanger KBOX 120W TC Box Mod Features:
- Lightweight Zinc Alloy
- Crystal Clear OLED Screen
- Upgradable Firmware via USB Cable
- Magnetic Battery Door
- Latest Kanger Chipset Technology
- Supports Nickel, Titanium, Nichrome & Stainless Steel (Temp Control)
- Pass-through Vaping Capable
- Uses Dual 18650 Batteries (not included)
- Miniumum Atomizer Resistance: 0.05 Ohms
- Safety Protection Features:
• High Temp Guard
• Reverse Polarity
• Short Circuit Guard
• Low Voltage Cut-Off
• Battery Charging & Discharge protection on each cell
Kanger KBOX 120W TC Specs:
- Threading: 510
- Material: Zinc Alloy
- Connection Pin Type: Self-adjusting & Spring-loaded
- Minimum Resistance: 0.05Ohms
- Temperature Control Coil Types: Ni200 / Ti / SS / NiCr
- Temperature Range: 200°F - 600°F (100°C – 315°C)
- Wattage: Adjustable from 7w to 120w (0.1w increments)
- Battery: Dual 18650 Replaceable Batteries (not included)
- Dimensions: 56mm x 22mm x 84mm
Kanger KBOX 120W TC Includes:
- (1) Kanger KBOX 120 Box Mod
- (1) USB Charging Cable
- (1) User Manual
- 510 Threaded Connection
- Fire Button
- OLED Screen
- Adjustment Buttons
- USB Charge/Upgrade Port
- Battery Bay Cover
Installing the Batteries:
When using the KBOX 120W make sure to use married batteries. Meaning that all 3 cells are the exact same. NEVER use different brand, mah, or age batteries.
When getting the KBOX 120W you should purchase a set of 2 new batteries to be use only with the KBOX 120W. You do not want to break up the set and use one or more of the batteries from the set in another device.
To install the batteries into your new Kangertech KBOX 120W:
- Grip the body of the device in one hand and the Battery Bay cover with the other.
- The Battery Bay cover will pull off to the side.
- Insert your Lavacell batteries into the battery bay following the + and - markings on the inside of the battery bay. The top posts are spring loaded.
- Place the Battery Bay cover back on the device.
- Make sure the cover is on firmly.
- You are now ready to use your device.
If the cover is loose, you can take it back off and squeeze it slightly and place it back on. This should make the cover fit better.
Once your batteries are installed following the above directions, you may need to turn your device on. To turn your device on please press the Fire Button 5 times fast. Once the device is turned on your will be greeted by the Kangertech welcome screen then your device will turn on and ready to use.
Charging your KBOX 120W:
- remove the batteries from device
- Follow charging instructions for the Nitcore Charger.
- When the battery level display indicates that the batteries needs charging, plug one end of the supplied USB charging cable into your device.
- Plug the other end of the charging cable into a USB power source (a computer usb port or usb wall plug).
- Leave the device plugged in until the battery indicator displays fully charged.
- Once the batteries are fully charged unplug the USB cable form the device. (Never leave a battery charging unattended)
While charging your device with the USB cable you can still use your Kbox.
Changing Power Modes:
The KBOX 120W can be changed from Wattage to Temp Control (Nickel, Titanium Stainless Steel, and Nichrome) Modes.
To change between modes:
- With the device turned on.
- Press the Fire button 3 times fast.
- This will change the mode from the current mode to the next.
- Press the Fire button 3 times again and it will cycle to the next mode.
- Continue this until you reach the desired mode.
Adjusting the wattage/temperature:
Adjusting the wattage/temperature on your Kangertech KBOX 120W is easy.
Simply press the up or down button on the device to adjust the wattage/temperature to the desired setting. Make sure the wattage/temperature and ohms of your setup does not exceed the Amp limit of your batteries, you can do this by using ohms law. For more info please refer to this ARTICLE.
When in temp control mode, you are only able to change the max temp. The device will adjust the wattage accordingly to keep from going over the max temp.
Firing the Kangertech Kbox:
To fire your Kbox, press and hold the fire button. Inhale on your atomizer. The Kbox has a 10 second cut off, once you reach the 10 seconds of holding down the fire button, the Kbox will stop supplying power to the atomizer and display "10 sec over". If you reach this cutoff, release the fire button and wait a few moments for the message to clear the screen and then your device will be ready to use again.
Left or right handed display:
To switch between left and right handed display settings;
- With the device on:
- Press and hold the + and - buttons together for 3 seconds.
- The screen will flip to the opposite orientation.
- Repeat again to flip it back.
Light or Dark Screen Mode:
You can chose to have a dark screen with white numbers on it or you can reverse the lighting of the screen.
To switch from light and dark mode:
- With the device on:
- Press and hold the + and Fire buttons together for 3 seconds.
- The screen will switch from the current mode to the other.
- Repeat again to change it back.
Attaching a New Atomizer:
The KBOX 120W uses the resistance of the atomizer to calculate the temperature of the heating coil (when in temperature mode). It continually looks to see whether a new or changed atomizer has been connected. If you are using temperature protection, be careful to only attach new atomizers that have cooled to room temperature. If a new atomizer is attached to the KBOX 120W before it has cooled down, the temperature may read and protect incorrectly until the new atomizer cools. When you connect a new atomizer or disconnect and reconnect your existing atomizer, the KBOX 120W will prompt you to confirm this change. When you fire the first time, before activating the KBOX 120W will prompt “New Coil? UP YES/DOWN NO”. When you see this prompt, if you have attached a new atomizer, press the UP button. If you have disconnected and reconnected the same atomizer, press the DOWN button.
Adjustment Key Lock:
To lock the adjustment keys so there is no accidental changes of your settings:
- With the device turned on.
- Press and hold all 3 buttons on the device.
- The screen will display "Lock"
- The device is now locked. It will still fire but the adjustment keys will not work.
To unlock the keys repeat the same steps.
Check the Serial number of the device:
To check the serial number of the device to check its authenticity:
- Put the device into Ni Mode.
- Press the "+" and "-" keys in either of the following pattern:
- The screen will display your devices serial code. It will stay on the screen until you press the Fire button.
You can use this code to check on Kangertechs website that your device is authentic.
You are now ready to enjoy your Kangertech KBOX 120W TC Box Mod.