Atomizers, also referred to as coils, are the main heating component of your tank. The atomizer is necessary to the functionality of vaping. Atomizers create the vapor production and control the production levels as well. Atomizers are also a disposable portion of your vape device, and because of this, they may quit working at points, or simply burn out. Here are a few tips and tricks regarding atomizers.
Why is my device reading "No Atomizer/Coil"?
- Before use of any device/tank, be sure to check and see if the ohms that are printed on the coil (also labeled on the box for the coils) , are the same as what is stated on the device. Too low of ohms can and will be dangerous.
- Check to see if the device is indeed on and charged.
- If the device is on and it is reading "No Atomizer/Coil," please try placing your tank onto a different device. If at this point the atomizer/coil does function properly, the problem is not your atomizer/coil, it is actual a problem within your device.*
- Examine the atomizer/coil for any damage, bent posts or over-usage (burnt coil). If there are signs of damage to the coil, for your safety please throw away the coil properly and install a new one.
- There is always the chance of receiving a "dud" coil. In this case, please remove the "dud" and place with a new one. If this does continue to be problematic, please contact Customer Service.
I put my tank on a new device and it is now functioning fine?
- If you follow the steps for troubleshooting the atomizer, and you found that it was actually your device and not the atomizer itself. Please check out our RMA Article, to see if you qualify for our warranty.
- When the device is at fault for the "No Atomizer" reading, it is typically caused be damage to the 510** or a short within the device. At this point, your device is rendered useless.
I have a stick device and it is not firing?
- If your stick device is flashing multiple times when you go to use, there is a good chance that your coils is bad. Or your 510 could be damaged as well, even thought this is less common in stick devices, it can occur.
- Please follow the same steps above, to troubleshoot your device.
- However, with stick devices there is still the possibility of shortages within the device. Please direct your attention to the user manual provided in the box of the purchased device, to see what code means what for your device.
*Please contact Customer Serivce as they will be able to provide RMA services for you. However, most of the time 510 damage is deemed as a user error problem, typically caused by dropping or misuse. Which in turn does void our warranty. Please read our RMA Article to see if you qualify.
**A 510 connector is the pin inside the device that funnels the power from the batteries to the tank and coil.